Missions at FBC Mahomet
FBC's committed to missions and takes seriously the command of Jesus to "Go and make disciples of all nations". Our mission activities have taken members of this church to Honduras, Morocco, Peru, England, to the Gulf Coast for hurricane rebuilding efforts, along the Mississippi River for flood relief efforts, to parts of Illinois for storm and tornado cleanup, and to the poorest county in Alabama, Perry County, to lead Vacation Bible School programs throughout the summer.
- supports local missions with monthly giving of time, goods and financial support to Helping Hands, a local food pantry here in Mahomet.
- contributes to the Mahomet transient assistance fund.
- has chosen to reach out by holding our Vacation Bible School program, not at the church building, but at an offsite location to better reach the unchurched children of our community.
- takes part in the local Sangamon River Music Festival, a secular event that we use to reach unchurched people by working with other local churches to bring Christian music to the festival as well as other activities.
- provides financial support to a number of local and global missions, and provides direct financial support to missionaries in Costa Rica and Thailand.
Our focus is to reach as many people as possible for Jesus in as many ways as God allows.
Handicap Ramp Building
FBC understands the importance of helping people in need, and has built several handicap ramps in the community for people with disabilities who could not afford to do so themselves. Please contact the church office if you're interested in helping, or know someone needing assistance.
New Commandment Ministries
New Commandment Ministries is an outreach ministry where FBC volunteers help people in need within the church family and the community by doing home repairs, yard work and numerous other projects. Please contact the church office if you're interested in helping, or know someone needing assistance.
Sangamon River Music Festival
Since 2011, FBC has worked with other Mahomet area churches each year to bring nationally known, award winning Christian musicians to the Sangamon River Music Festival the last Saturday in August.
ABMen Hopi Indian Reservation Project
FBC joined ABMen and ABHMS on a mission project to the Hopi Indian reservation outside Second Mesa, AZ. There was so much work to do! Volunteers gutted and redid a kitchen and bathroom and helped replace the community's water tower.