FBC has been participating in an annual mission trip to the Christian Activity Center (CAC) in East St. Louis, IL since 2010. This all-age event focuses on serving, educating, and disciple making. We serve by helping in the already established ministries of the CAC such as one-on-one relationships, construction, recreation, projects and meals. We participate in education by learning about the programs offered so that we can pray, share, and get others involved. And we're involved in disciple making both with those who come and also with those whom we meet.
Our annual theme is "Mission Possible' as we know that all things are possible with God (Matthew 19:26). This trip, running from a Thursday evening through Saturday evening in early August, allows families of all ages to work together for God's kingdom and fits within a person's work or school schedule. Lodging is provided at a church in a nearby community where we also have meals, evening worship and recreation as a group
Helping at the CAC is a great first time mission trip for all newbies to missions.
As a result of seeing the work and ministry of the CAC the church's involvement has now gone beyond the annual mission trip. FBC:
- sponsors a child to attend the ministries at the CAC
- is involved with additional projects such as providing a riding lawn mower
- members attend an annual banquet in support of the CAC
- members individually sponsor additional children
- has the leadership of the CAC share from our pulpit from time to time
- includes the CAC in our regular prayer requests and
- has one of our members serve on the CAC Board.
But it all started with one mission trip. Remember – Nothing is impossible with God!